Frigidaire FAC106P1A Compact II 10,000-BTU Room Air Conditioner with Electronic Controls (Kitchen) tagged "air conditioner" 9 times

I needed a spot to do my wood working and race slot cars. So my 450sqft, 2 car garage got turned into manland here in the South. I buried the ceiling and covered the walls and sliding door with insulation, then put 3 coats of epoxy on the floor(the cement dust was coming into the house in drifts). I needed a A/C unit to cool the space.

I did a bunch of research on window A/C units. I'm retired from GE, and get HUGE discounts on GE products. Most of the units I found(including the GE models) were only modestly energy efficient

The description goes into most of the key points, so I won't repeat them here, but a nice touch not described is the negative ion generation...it aids the collection of dust and makes the air quite pleasant(Like after a rain storm...all the negative ions makes it nice to breath).

Installation was easy except for one caveat. The installation assumes you have a wood window unit. How you get around that is up to you.

At $259, Lowes, Home Depot or GE couldn't compete, even with inferior units.

I've been quite happy with my purchase.


View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This template made by PotolKontong