Frigidaire FAC124P1A Compact II 12,000-BTU Room Air Conditioner with Electronic Controls (Kitchen) tagged "air conditioner" 11 times

I recently moved into an old house with no central air. The summers here are mighty humid and hot, with temps of 100 degrees during the worst of it. I purchased this 12,000 BTU window unit because it's affordable and easy to install.

I wish this unit was offered with mechanical controls because I do NOT like the electronics (one more thing to break), but alas, it's only offered with the electronics. However, I was impressed with their ease of use. They are fairly user-friendly, but you may need a magnifying glass to see the little tiny printing on the displays.

As to the chilling details, I was surpised and pleased with the cooling power of this unit. I also have the 5,000 and 6,000 BTU a/c's and those units never can pedal fast enough to keep up with the hottest days of summer. This unit (which has a much, much higher efficiency rating than its 5,000 and 6,000 BTU cousins) seems to be stronger, quieter and better built.

I'm currently using this unit it to cool a 500+ square foot area with 16 massive windows (and a southern exposure) and 10' ceilings and thus far, it's doing very, very well.

However, it is noisy. I don't mind some white noise but I have to turn the television way, way up just to hear anything.

This unit arrives partially disassembled (which surprised me). The top bar and side pleats have to be installed. The styrofoam shipping blocks in the side vents are nearly impossible to get out. Ick. And the vents (where the air blows out) had to be installed. I had to use my bowling words and lots of upper body strength to get those &^%$ things popped into place.

The accordian pleats on the side can't possibly last more than a couple years. They're thin and light and I was afraid of breaking them whilst doing the install!


View the original article here


This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

This template made by PotolKontong